A trip from San Francisco to San Diego is the perfect vacation including a variety of places to visit filled with rich nature, distinct cultural aspects, unique lifestyles and the eccentric California way of life. The California Coast is beautiful and what is interesting about it is that you can feel the difference in weather and nature while your are coming down from North to South.
(I never been anywhere north of SF, but I heard is b-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l). Coming down through the coast, specially up in the north, you can face the whole landscape. The Californian Coast’s HOT Stops are:
– San Francisco for a fresh start. I talked about all the attractions and beauty of the place in this post.
– Carmel (Monterey) for a charming and romantic gateway. I already talked about Carmel in here.
– Santa Barbara for the beautiful beaches that lie along a unique south-facing stretch of coastline with sun all day long…a shelter from winds and surf. And, as almost all California’s beach cities, its famous for its pier and the main street (State Street) that starts from there and go a long way filled with stores, restaurants, coffee shops and bars.
– Los Angeles for everything that the city offers. You can check all the tips on the right side of the blog (file Los Angeles), but don’t forget to visit Santa Monica, Venice, Beverly Hills, West Hollywood and Hollywood, or let’s say, everything!
– Manhattan Beach for a cute small and charming beach city. From the beach you can see a lot of nice houses facing the sea, people hiding bikes and running in the boardwalk and fun and excitement in the main street (Manhattan Boulevard) that offers restaurants, bars and stores.
– Palos Verdes for the view of the California south coast from the mountains.
– Huntington Beach (Orange County) for a surf city day with abundance of beaches, sunny and warm mediterranean climate, local surfing and casual lifestyle.
– New Port Beach (Orange County) for the beautiful surroundings including a well-known
– Laguna Beach for art lovers, nature enthusiasts and beach goers. Laguna Beach has a perfect scenario for a nice day with seven miles of soft sand beach, deep blue ocean and the sound of the surf.
– San Diego for countless parks and gardens, variety of beaches (each one with different style and atmosphere), beautiful downtown city, incredible dining experiences besides many other attractions. Definitely a city to relax and enjoy.
To help you plan your road trip from San Francisco to San Diego, here is a Draft schedule suggestion:
You made it! 514 Miles… a perfect 09 to 12 days in the Coastal California. Such a shining vacation!